Back To Education Initiative
The Back to Education Initiative (BTEI) provides for funding of part time courses on a subject/modular basis from within the framework of options provided in the Further Education sector i.e.
- Adult literacy
- Basic and Community Education Provision
- Senior Traveller Training Centres
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme Centres
- Post Leaving Certificate Programmes
- Self-funded night class provision in second-level schools and other centres
The key priority of BTEI is to address the needs of those with less than upper second level education in Ireland, to enable a flexible combination of learning with work and family responsibilities, allow for intensive literacy options and a bridge for those progressing from literacy to basic levels of education and training.
For further information on BTEI ask at local College of Further Education/Learning Centre/Local Community/Family Resource Centre.